From 1906 to 1928, the school at the southwest corner of Thacker and Center was called South School.
It was renamed Central School in 1928 when the city’s growth meant that the school was now located in the center of Des Plaines rather than in the south part of town.
open since 1906
All of the historical information of the CCSD62 schools was generously provided by the Des Plaines History Center.
Go to their website below to learn more about Des Plaines history!